Tornado Watch Issued as Thunderstorms Move into Area
A tornado watch is in effect for parts of central and east Texas and the storms are moving toward Northwest Louisiana. This tornado watch is in effect until 6pm
Thunderstorms are rumbling across parts of eastern and central Texas, northern Louisiana much of Arkansas, as of late Saturday afternoon, and will continue to march eastward into this evening.
The Weather Channel reports a tornado was confirmed by radar north of Thorndale, Texas, early Saturday afternoon. Additional tornadic activity is most probable from Austin to Tyler this afternoon.
At a Glance
- Severe thunderstorms are expected in parts of the South each day this weekend.
- Storms will spread into the lower Mississippi Valley Saturday.
- Large hail and damaging thunderstorm winds are expected.
- However, a few tornadoes are possible.
- Local flash flooding may also occur, especially over areas soaked earlier this week.