Louisiana’s ‘No Dancing’ Restriction Could Delay Big Country’s Reopening
According to the state of Louisiana, bars and nightclubs which open during Phase Two are subject to some intense restrictions.
After talking with the owner of Big Country this afternoon, I was pretty blown away by the restrictions handed down to opening bars and nightclubs in Louisiana. In fact, up until our conversation, I didn't know about most of these restrictions, and asked to see the letter from the government for verification.
After reading the restrictions myself, I wanted to share some of them with you. This set of guidelines, once again, was sent via Open Safely from the Governor's office.
- No more than 10 persons shall be seated at a single table and such parties should be members of the same household.
- Avoid gatherings in the building while entering, exiting, or moving about.
- Indoor live entertainment, which includes but is not limited to bands and karaoke, is not authorized in this phase.
- Customers are required to be seated at tables and not congregating in open areas of the establishment.
- Dancing, indoors or outdoors, is not authorized in this phase.
When bars and nightclubs were included as businesses which could open during Phase Two, many people were excited about the prospect of enjoying a night at Big Country in Bossier City once again. However, these restrictions, mostly the 'No Dancing' policy, has Big Country considering waiting until Phase Three to open back to the public.
On their Facebook page, Big Country conducted a poll asking residents of Shreveport-Bossier if they would come to the venue under the 'No Dancing' policy. After a few hours and over one thousand votes, 56% say they will not come under these restrictions, with 44% saying they would. You can find the poll HERE.
I can speak for myself when I tell you that my phone has rang off the hook daily with friends asking if Big Country will be opening this weekend. At this point, it doesn't look promising, at least under these current Phase Two restrictions.
However, if/when Big Country decides to open their doors and throw a party, we will update this article.