What are the Secret Rules in Shreveport About Mardi Gras Parades?
I have been working out with some people from all over the U.S. who are here training for several weeks. Most of them have never experienced Mardi Gras and are asking all kinds of questions when it comes to Mardi Gras. My workout buddies are excited about going to the big parade this weekend. They do have a lot of questions before they experience their first Mardi Gras parade.
Are There Unspoken Rules of Mardi Gras Parades?
More like the secret rules of Mardi Gras parades that make sure we have the most fun.
Here are Some Pointers From Seasoned Mardi Gras Parade Veterans:
1. If the beads touch the ground DON'T put them around your neck. Party Gravy is all over the street.
2. A tarp on the ground means you gotta keep on walking and find another place to put your tarp down. You should have gotten up at 5 am too.
3. Make a Target. Do you want the loot? Make people on the floats notice you. Give them a target. Get creative with it. (A garbage bag taped onto a big poster board is the best.)
4. Rent a kid? If you want to catch all the things a sweet little child will always get the good things thrown their way. If you're the uncle or aunt, rent a nephew or niece.
5. Don't show up along the parade route at 4:00 p.m. and try and encroach upon someone who has been camping out for that spot since 6:00 a.m.
6. Accept the fact that you need to plan ahead. Showing up late means you completely miss out on all the fun.
What are some unspoken rules about Mardi Gras that we missed? Tell us about it in the comments below.