Over 2 Million Louisianians Have Received Stimulus Payments Totaling Over $3.6 B
About 2,186,332 Louisiana residents have received their stimulus payments thus far.
Collectively, that totals $3,680,836,165 that Louisianians have received through the CARES Act payment program.
These numbers are according to a progress update released by the IRS this past Friday, May 22.
A previous update on Friday, May 8, showed 1,877,721 Louisiana residents received stimulus payments that collectively totaled state residents receiving $3,180,135,799.
As a reminder, payments are automatic to those who:
- Filed taxes in 2018 or 2019
- Receive Social Security benefits, survivor, or disability benefits (SSI)
- Receive Railroad Retirement benefits
- Receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Are Veterans Affairs beneficiaries who didn't file a return in the last two years
If you are someone who does not receive federal benefits and did not have a tax obligation in 2018 or 2019, you should register on the online IRS tool here if you have not done so already.
The IRS has said that not all payments have been sent out and those will continue throughout the year.
Taxpayers with questions should check the FAQ pages available on the IRS website here.