Is Louisiana a Good Place for Millennials?
Demographics show that millennials make up the largest generation in the American workforce, but at the same time earn 20 percent less than the Baby Boom generation did at the same age. Well, a newly released study personal-finance website WalletHub breaks down 2019 Best and Worst States for Millennials.
In an attempt to determine the most livable places for this 18 - 35 demo, WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia across 36 key metrics. The collected data ranges from share of millennials to average monthly earnings for millennials to millennial unemployment rate.
And how does that generation of Americans do here in our home state of Louisiana? Well, according to WalletHub's stats...not so well.
Living & Working as a Millennial in Louisiana (1=Best; 25=Avg.):
- 33rd – % of Millennials Living with Parents
- 18th – Housing Cost for Millennials
- 28th – Average Monthly Earnings for Millennials
- 17th – Millennial Homeownership Rate
- 46th – Millennial Unemployment Rate
- 45th – % of Insured Millennials
- 30th – % of Millennials with Depression
For a closer look at Louisiana's key millennial metrics and to see how we compare to the rest of the USA in WalletHub's 2019 Best and Worst States for Millennials, JUST CLICK HERE!