More Severe Weather this Weekend, Here’s How to Stay Safe
After last night's severe weather, the Shreveport-Bossier area is not out of the woods just yet.
The National Weather Service has issued a Hazardous Weather Outlook today for northwest Louisiana, as well as the north central portion of the state, east and northeast Texas, and portions of Arkansas and Oklahoma.
Got plans to be outdoors anyway? Well, the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development offers the following tips for how to stay safe during this type of weather:
1. Drive slowly and carefully.
2. Avoid driving while distracted.
3. Always allow for extra driving time.
4. Reduce speeds when visibility is low.
5. Make sure there is plenty of room between vehicles.
6. Avoid driving into standing or running water.
For automatic updated information on road closures, projects and any other DOTD activity, sign up for MyDOTD, dial 511 or download the Way to Geaux app on your smartphone.