Some of the Top Students in Louisiana Are in Shreveport
Louisiana is honoring some of the best and brightest in our schools. The Department of Education has released a list of the best students across the state.
Some of these youngsters are students in Shreveport area schools. We want to congratulate 3 local students. Parker Cram from Eden Gardens Magnet is the nominee for elementary schools. Esha Pingili from Caddo Middle Magnet is the middle school nominee and Raj Letchuman from Caddo Parish Magnet is the high school nominee. We wish these bright young people the best of luck in the statewide competition.
Leaders selected a 5th grader, an 8th grader and 12th from each of the 8 BESE regions to move on to the statewide Students of the Year competition.
Who Are the 5th Grade Finalists?
- Region 1: Andrew Caswell | Little Oak Middle | St. Tammany Parish
- Region 2: Eleanor Zafirau | Ethel Schoeffner Elementary | St. Charles Parish
- Region 3: Jack McMullin | Joseph J. Davies Elementary | St. Bernard Parish
- Region 4: Parker Cram | Eden Gardens Elementary Magnet | Caddo Parish
- Region 5: Adyline Tinsley | Haynesville Junior/Senior High | Claiborne Parish
- Region 6: Barrett Petite | Sorrento Primary | Ascension Parish
- Region 7: Sydney Mouton | Rene A. Rost Middle | Vermillion Parish
- Region 8: Gannon Ford | Bains Elementary | West Feliciana Parish
Who Are the 8th Grade Finalists?
- Region 1: Owen Este’ | Fontainebleau Junior High | St. Tammany Parish
- Region 2: Smaran Tamidela | Patrick F. Taylor Science and Technology Academy | Jefferson Parish
- Region 3: Blakely Falgout | Lockport Middle | Lafourche Parish
- Region 4: Esha Pingili | Caddo Magnet Middle | Caddo Parish
- Region 5: Locksley Lowery | Good Hope Middle | Ouachita Parish
- Region 6: Shrey Shah | Dutchtown Middle | Ascension Parish
- Region 7: Carlee Pitre | Fairview High | Allen Parish
- Region 8: Anna Bordelon | Central Middle | Central Community Schools
Who Are the 12th Grade Finalists?
- Region 1: Austin VanDerwood | Pearl River High | St. Tammany Parish
- Region 2 : William Xi | The Willow School | Advocates for Arts-Based Education | NOLA Public Schools
- Region 3: Kate Clement | Thibodaux High | Lafourche Parish
- Region 4: Raj Letchuman | Caddo Parish Magnet High | Caddo Parish
- Region 5: Colden Russell |Caldwell Parish High | Caldwell Parish
- Region 6: Ephraim Craddock | St. Amant High | Ascension Parish
- Region 7: Braydin Clostio | North Vermillion High | Vermillion Parish
- Region 8: Kaiden Lang | Central High | Central Community Schools
“These young people have worked hard and put in the sacrifices necessary to achieve at the highest levels,” said State Superintendent of Education Dr. Cade Brumley. “Louisiana is proud to reward excellence. Congratulations to our finalists and their families on this well-deserved honor.”
Students are selected based on criteria that measure academic achievement, leadership skills, character, and service to their schools and communities.
Finalists will convene at the Capitol Park Museum in Baton Rouge on April 19 for an awards ceremony and the announcement of the Louisiana Students of the Year winners.
Missing Children From Louisiana