Shreveport/Bossier Mardi Gras Calendar 2015-16
I can't believe Mardi Gras Coronation season is already here! As a current royal, I'm not sure if I'm ready to give up my sash and tiara! Ah heck! I'm a southern woman, a tiara is my right!
So what's 'Coronation' for the uninitiated? Coronations are events (read parties) where each individual krewe reveals their royalty for the upcoming bal and parade season in the new year. It's always fun to guess who the incoming royals are and to keep their identity a secret!
There is literally a krewe for everyone in the Ark-La-Tex. If you're in the legal field, you have Justinian, if you're into networking and women's issues, you have Les Femmes. Highland residents and their supporters come together for the Krewe of Highland. Diversity is represented by the Krewe of Atlas. Seriously, there is a home for virtually everyone and I highly recommend you check out a few of these events to 'kick the tires' and find a Mardi Gras family for you and yours. You'll be amazed by how affordable it can be.
MARDI GRAS EVENT DATES
(1) Krewe of Akewa Coronation at the Pine Hills Country Club at 100 Birdie Aly, Minden, LA. Luau: Come and Get Lei’d. Doors open at 6:30. Dining and dancing. Music by DJ jeff McBride. Tickets $35. RSVP to Julie 318-707-0326 email@example.com.
(2) Krewe of Sobek Bowl-a-thon (family, children and Friends). Holiday Lanes, Bossier City.
31ST, Fri., Krewe of Atlas Coronation at Shreveport Convention Center. Doors Open at 6:30, Presentation at 7:30. Heavy Appetizers, Silent Auction, Booze Barrel Raffle, Cash Bar. Music by DJ Willie Boom. Dark Attire Requested. Ticket Price $50. RSVP Lea Ann Breen 227 Scott Rd. Frierson, LA 71027.
1st Sat., Krewe of Artemis Coronation. Community Activity Center 301 West Church Street, Springhill, LA 71075. Doors open at 6:30. Silent Auction and Live Auction. Live music by Murphy’s Law. Dressy beach attire or formal. Ticket Price $40. For more info or to RSPV 318-539-5951.
7th Fri., Krewe of Justinian Coronation
8th Sat., Krewe of Centaur Coronation, Municipal Auditorium
14th Fri., Krewe Les Femmes Coronation
15th Sat., Krewe of Gemini Coronation
21st Fri., Krewe of Highland Coronation
22nd Sat., Krewe des Ambassadeurs Coronation. Sam’s Town
23rd Sun., Barkus & Meoux Coronation
(1) Krewe of Harambee Coronation, El Dorado Resort Casino 451 Clyde Fant Parkway, Shreveport, LA 71101- 6:00pm until 12:00am. Attire: Semi-Formal or African Attire. Doors Open: 6:00p.m. Presentation: 8:00p.m.
(2) Krewe of Dionysos Coronation. Knights of Columbus – Doors open at 6:30, live band, BYOB, set-ups provided, food served, King, Queen and Captain of visiting Krewe’s complimentary, all other guests $20
11th Fri., Krewe of Sobek Coronation
18th Fri., Krewe of Elders Coronation American Red Cross Building (actually the building behind their office) at 805 Brook Hollow, Shreveport. Parking in the rear.
2nd Fri., Krewe of Justinian “Midway to Mardi Gras Party”
(1) Krewe of Harambee “Halloween Party” Randle T. Moore Center
(2) Krewe of Sobek Masquerade Party. Wyndham Garden Hotel. 1419 E. 70th Street.
11th Wed., Krewe des Ambassadeurs – Minden Fasching Brunch and Opening Ceremony. 11:00a.m.
21st Sat., Inaugural Krewe of Justinian Midway to Mardi Gras 5K Run & Walk
(1) Mardi Gras Mass at St. Pius X
(2) Loblolly Luncheon from 2-4p.m. at the Holiday Inn Downtown.
(3) 12th Night (Hosted by Gemini)
(4) 12th Night (Hosted by Dionysos) Knights of Columbus Hall – Doors open at 6:30, live band, BYOB, set-ups provide, food served, King, Queen and Captain of visiting Krewe’s complimentary, all other guests $20
8th Fri., Krewe les Femmes Mystique Grand Bal
(1) Krewe of Artemis Grand Bal
(2) Krewe of Elders Grand Bal
10th Sun., Barkus & Meoux Jazz Brunch
(1) Krewe of Sobek Grand Bal
(2)Krewe of Atlas Grand Bal
(1) Krewe of Centaur Grand Bal
(2) Krewe of Sobek Parade
(1) Barkus & Meoux Pet Parade Raffle
(2) Krewe of Harambee, Float Loading Party 3:00p.m.
(1) Krewe of Harambee MLK Day “Hopes & Dreams Breakfast”. Petroleum Club, Downtown Shreveport. 8-10:30 a.m.
(2) Krewe of Harambee Parade Downtown Shreveport, LA 1:00p.m. Line-up 11:00a.m.
(1) Krewe of Justinian Grand Bal
(2) Krewe of Akewa Grand Bal. Knights of Columbus Hall at 5400 East Texas, Bossier City, LA. Black Tie Attire. We will be serving a meal. Cash bar. time TBA
(1) Minden Fasching Parade
(2) Krewe of Gemini Grand Bal
(3) Krewe of Dionysos Grand Bal – Natchitoches Events Center
29th Fri., Krewe des Ambassadeurs Grand Bal
30th Sat., Krewe of Centaur Parade
31st Sun., Barkus & Meoux Pet Parade
5th Fri., Krewe of Highland Grand Bal
(1) Krewe of Gemini Parade
(2) Krewe of Harambee Grand Bal Horseshoe Riverdome Attire: Black Tie or African Attire, Doors Open: 6:00p.m. Presentation: 8:00p.m
(3) Krewe of Dionysos Parade
7th Sun., Krewe of Highland Parade
9TH Tues., Fat Tuesday. Pre-party and Bridge Closing Ceremony hosted by Atlas. Artspace 710 Texas St. Shreveport, LA. Details to be provided.