Fun Snow Day Activities for Kids
Let's face it, kids the world over get crazy excited over snow days! But what do you do when they are done playing outside? We've got some ideas to help keep your children busy and entertained and avoid the dreaded, 'I'm bored!' syndrome!
1. Build a blanket fort in your living room! Thankfully after running around in the snow all day, they'll decide to take a nap in said blanket fort so you can catch an episode of your favorite soap or binge watch a new show on Netflix.
2. Start crafting signs and targets for the upcoming Mardi Gras parades so you can take home more beads than anyone else!
3. Bake! Nothing says snow day, I love you and let me warm you up from the inside like baked goods! Think gooey brownies or hot, fresh and fluffy muffins!
4. Make legit snow cones! Find directions here! If you're feeling really adventurous, you can make snow ice cream! Pro tip, skip the yellow snow!
5. Have a mini spa day complete with masks made from items easily found in your kitchen, mani/pedis and more!
6. Is there anything better than playing good old fashioned board games?!?!? Maybe you'll get through an entire game of Monopoly without a fight!
7. Make Silly Putty with plain dish soap!
8. Get creative! Write, produce and act in your own play! Don't forget to shoot video for all of your friends on Facebook! When all else fails, have a dance party!
9. You can always binge watch Disney movies! If I'm being honest, there's not an age limit on this!
10. If you're feeling the urge to get organized, get your kids to team up with you and tackle their rooms! This is a great opportunity to sort through clothes and toys they don't use any more and make a donation to the charity of your choice once the weather clears! Bonus: Their room stays clean... for about five minutes!