Caddo Courthouse Is Closed Following Electrical Problem
A worker was hurt while installing a drop ceiling at the Caddo Parish Courthouse in Shreveport. The worker was using a drill when he apparently hit an electrical wire sparking a flash fire. The worker was injured and rushed to Ochsner LSU Health. He was in critical condition.
This incident happened at about 10am on Sunday morning inside the parking garage area of the courthouse on the Marshall Street side. The sprinkler system did activate because of the flash fire.
The worker was able to talk with the emergency crews to let them know what happened.
An electrical contractor has been called in to inspect all of the electric wiring in the building to make sure it is safe.
What Happens If You Have Business at the Caddo Courthouse?
The Tax Assessor’s office is closed.
Sheriff’s Office inside the courthouse
- You can pay fines or bonds online at www.caddosheriff.org. You can also take care of these interactions at a Sheriff's substation.
- Taxes still can be paid online or by snail mail.
Clerk of Court Office
- They will work out of an office at Caddo juvenile court on Spring Street to take care of some critical actions like protective orders, emergency civil lawsuits and mortgages/conveyances. You can reach the Clerk's Office at (318) 226-6772.
- If you need a birth certificate or marriage license, you can get that done in Bossier or DeSoto Parish.