No Mega Millions Winner – Jackpot Is Now 4th Largest Ever
No winner in the Mega Millions drawing Friday night, so the prize continues to grow. The jackpot for Tuesday night has now climbed to $654 million which is the 4th largest lottery jackpot in U.S. history. It will likely climb closer to 675 million by Tuesday which would move it into the number 2 spot.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from the multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.6 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $758 million, Powerball won August 24, 2018 by Mavis Wanczyk of Massachusets. She chose the lump sum payment of $480 million.
3. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
4. $654 million Mega Millions is up for grabs in the drawing on Tuesday October 16, 2018.
5. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
6. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner.
7. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
8. $564 million, Powerball jackpot was one by one ticket in New Hampshire in the drawing on Saturday, January 6, 2018.
9. $559.7 million Powerball, A single ticket was sold at Reeds Ferry Market in Merrimack, NH. The winning ticket holder wants to remain anonymous.
10. $543 million Mega Millions. There was one winning ticket sold in California in the July 2018 drawing.
11. $536 million Mega Millions, a single ticket was sold in Indiana on July 8, 2016.
12. $487 million Powerball, winning ticket was sold in New Hampshire on July 30, 2016.
13. $455 million, Powerball, winning ticket was sold in Pennsylvania on March 17, 2018.
14. $450 million, Mega Millions ticket was sold in Florida for the January 5th, 2018 drawing.
15. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million.
16. $447.8 million Powerball had one winner. Jeff Lindsay of California, who bought his Powerball ticket with the funds from a winning scratch ticket on June 10, 2017.
17. $435 million Powerball was won on February 22, 2017. An anonymous ticket holder in Indiana was the single winner.
18. $429.6 million Powerball winner from New Jersey. The ticket was held by the Smith family lottery pool. It was purchased on May 7, 2016.
19. $425.3 million Powerball jackpot was won by B. Raymond Buxton of California on February 19, 2014.
20. $420.9 million Powerball jackpot is won by a group of 20 longtime co-workers in Tennessee on November 26, 2016.
And just in case you don't realize how serious I take this, here's a meltdown I had when I didn't win.