Louisiana Ranked # 2 In Worst Roads
All you have to do, is drive around Shreveport for a short while, to realize that the roads here are not in the best shape. For on reason or another, fixing the roads always falls to the wayside in this state.
And while discount tire outlets are making a killing in Louisiana, everyone else is suffering. ConsumerAffairs conducted a study to find the worst roads in the U.S. and sure enough. Louisiana was # 2. Check the full study in the link above, and look at the stats, below.
- Louisiana spends about $39 per mile of road
- Louisiana roads in poor condition: 25%
- Louisiana roads in good condition: 35%
- In Baton Rouge: “Potholes, bumps, dips on almost every road!”
- In New Orleans: “Flooding and potholes everywhere!”
- In Metairie: “Poor construction, multiple potholes — this city's streets wreck your car!”