What You Need to Know for the Garth Brooks Shows
A lot of preparations have been made for the Garth Brooks/Trisha Yearwood shows next week at CenturyLink Center. There's much you need to know ahead of his performances Friday and Saturday, July 29 and 30.
First off, CLC officials want you to know that there ARE still tickets available for ALL THREE shows, 7 p.m. Friday and 7 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. Saturday.
I'm told the later Saturday show could go on until the wee hours of the morning. It's been said that a show in Las Vegas didn't end until after 5 in the morning, with Garth exhausting his massive music library and playing mostly covers. If you go to that one, be prepared to stay late...or leave early, if you can't hang in there that long.
Another big piece of information is parking for the concerts. Parking will be available as normal for the Friday night show in lots A, B, C and D, but there will be only limited parking for 7 p.m. Saturday. It's recommended you carpool to the concert, or find someone to drop you off.
The biggest change is for the Saturday 10:30 p.m. show. There will be NO PARKING available at the arena, but CenturyLink has partnered with Shreveport's SporTran to provide free shuttle service to and from two different locations -- LSU-S and the Louisiana Boardwalk parking garage. The shuttle will also be available for the 7 p.m. Saturday concert beginning at 5 that evening.
Here's some other helpful information:
- Make sure you don't bring any of these prohibited items: professional cameras, video cameras, recording devices or camera bags, bags larger than 6" x 9", backpacks, luggage, laser pointers, noise makers or selfie sticks. Alcoholic beverages, coolers, weapons or illegal drugs or paraphernalia of any kind are also not allowed in the parking lots or the arena.
- Deputies from the Bossier Parish Sheriff's Office will be assisting Bossier City Police with traffic flow before and after all three shows. If you're not going to any of the concerts, it's recommended you avoid Arthur Ray Teague Parkway and instead utilize Barksdale Boulevard.
- Some roads will be barricaded. Do not go around these barricades.
- Security will be tight, and all purses will be checked. You'll be wanded at the door.
- Doors open at 5:30 p.m. for the 7 o'clock shows. For 10:30 p.m. concert-goers, a "pre-party area" will be set up in the parking lot outside the arena, to make the visit more enjoyable.
If you still need tickets, you can get them through ticketmaster.com/garth brooks, or by phone at 1-866-448-7849 or 1-800-745-3000. You can also head to the CenturyLink Center box office, which is open from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tickets are $59.75, plus $5.98 tax, $3.00 facility fee and $6.25 service charge -- a total of $74.98 each.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.