Top Ten List of Largest Lottery Jackpots Ever [UPDATE]
If you know me, you know I am obsessed with one day winning one of these big prizes. I know, it's not going to happen, but a girl can dream.
Here’s a list of the top prizes from three multistate games: Powerball and Mega Millions:
1. $1.5 billion Powerball January 13, 2016
2. $656 million, Mega Millions, won March 30, 2012, by three tickets, sold in Maryland, Illinois and Kansas. Cash: $471 million
3. $648 million, Mega Millions, won Dec. 17, 2013, in Georgia and California. Cash: $347.6 million.
4. $590.5 million, Powerball, won May 18, 2013, in Florida. Cash: $370.9 million. Record for most cash collected by a single winner. $587.5 million, Powerball, won Nov. 28, 2012, by two tickets, sold in Missouri and Arizona. Cash: $384.7 million
6. $564 million, Powerball won on February 11, 2015 by three lucky ticket holders. One of them is a former WalMart worker.
7. $540 million, Mega Million drawing. Won on July 8th by someone in Indiana.
8. $487 million Powerball drawing on July 30th by a ticket in New Hampshire.
9. $448.4 million, Powerball, for Aug. 7, 2013, drawing, won by 3 tickets, 2 of them in New Jersey, one in Minnesota. Cash: $258.2 million. One of the winning tickets was held by a group of Superstorm Sandy victims.
10. $447 million dollar Powerball prize was drawn in California on June 10th 2017.