A Texas real estate baron is working to prevent the return of a sex exposition that has previously drawn about 15,000 people to Dallas.

The Dallas Morning News reports billionaire Ray Hunt emailed city council members urging them to vote against this summer's Exxxotica expo. The Dallas Event is still on the calendar for this year.
Hunt, who owns several high dollar pieces of land in Downtown Dallas says the event runs counter to the values and beliefs of most Dallas residents.

Mayor Mike Rawlings joined women's advocacy groups last year in criticizing the opening of Exxxotica at the city-owned Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center.

Action could come during Wednesday's Dallas City Council meeting. Rawlings has proposed a resolution to would bar the three-day expo from the convention center.

But Rawlings tried this last year, too and was not successful. He was told by his legal team that he could not prevent the event from being held at the Convention Center.

One organizer says of the event: “It’s the Comic-Con of porn.”