Bossier Firefighter and His Horse Electrocuted
A Benton man is dead after being electrocuted Sunday morning in a field in Bossier City.
According to the Bossier Sheriff's Office, 41-year-old George Chambers, IV, was riding his horse in a field on Pete Modica Road, when he came in contact with a low-hanging power line. Chambers was pronounced dead at Willis-Knighton Bossier a short time later. The horse was also electrocuted.
Chambers was a 20-year veteran with the Bossier City Fire Department and was a fire truck driver assigned to Fire Station #9 on Brownlee Road. He leaves behind a wife and two children.
Fire Chief Brad Zagone has released the following statement:
“The Bossier City Fire Department is saddened over the loss of our brother George Chambers. George was an outstanding firefighter and will be missed by all of us who were fortunate to serve with him and call him friend. Our thoughts and prayers remain with his family during this difficult time.”