5 Things You Should Stop Doing in the Shower Immediately [LIST]
Who knew there was a right way and a wrong way to shower?
The website HealthyWay has decided to wreck all of our lives this week by releasing a list highlighting how all of us are probably showering wrong. It listed several things that I am guilty of, as well as others that I'm sure most of us have done a time or two.
To me, showers are simple... Get in, clean up, and get out. Apparently, though, I've been doing it wrong... Have you?
Here are the five things HealthyWay says you must stop doing immediately.
1. Washing your face. It's easier and it saves time to wash your face when you're already in the shower, of course, but the water that you shower in is usually hotter than washing your face at the sink, and the high temperature can make your skin dry out. I'm definitely guilty of this.
2. Forgetting to wash your feet. It's not enough to just let the water and soap run down your feet. You should scrub them as well. I am actually not guilty of this, as my feet stink to high heaven. When I take a shower, my number one priority is making sure my feet don't kill my children.
3. Not washing or replacing your loofah regularly. Loofahs and sponges are breeding grounds for bacteria. You better start changing them out, if you aren't already. I don't have a loofah, so I'm innocent here.
4. Leaving your razor in the shower. Just like with your loofah, there are lots of nooks and crannies that make perfect spots for bacteria to hide. And when your razor is sitting in a warm, wet environment in the shower each day, it's even WORSE. I am extremely guilty of this one, in fact, I can't tell you the last time my razor was moved from my shower.
5. Taking super hot showers. Not only can it dry out your skin, but there's a lot of research out there that shows that taking COLD showers can actually be beneficial to your health. Sorry, I won't be taking a cold shower. Even when it tops 100 degrees in town this summer, I will be boiling my skin in the shower, as usual.